As one of the limited number of Certified Fertility Massage Therapists in Alabama. I am now offering services as an additional tool for hopeful Mothers-to-be to use on their journey to a healthy, full-term, pregnancy and birth. Fertility Massage is a combination of techniques used to improve circulation to the reproductive system, bring fresh oxygenated blood and nutrients to the uterus and ovaries. Scar tissue is relaxed and blockages of the fallopian tubes may be cleared. The routine addresses stomach, liver and intestinal health to clear blockages and help bring about the ideal uterine position and to achieve hormonal balance. (According to Dr. John Lee, in his book Hormonal Balance Made Simple, hormonal balance begins in the digestive system.)
Evidence for Fertility Massage:
- Medscape General Medicine Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health published 6/18/2004 reviewed the outcome of infertile women. Each of the women had suspected or confirmed pelvic adhesion, trauma, or inflammatory disease. The women were divided into 2 groups: natural fertility and Pre-IVF. Women in both groups received therapy to their abdominal pelvic area. Of the natural fertility group, 71% became pregnant within one year, all but one of them had full-term delivery. Three became pregnant a second time, suggesting that the treatment’s impact was long term. Of the IVF group, 67% of the embryo transfers were successful, which is significantly higher than the estimated odds ratio for successful pregnancies.
- Alternative Therapies Jan/Feb 2008, Vol. 14. No. 1 studied the impact of manual pelvic physical therapy for blocked fallopian tubes. In this study, 61% showed that the tubal blockages had been released. The study concluded that because “truly occluded tubes are not known to reopen spontaneously, the results suggest this non-invasive therapy might be considered as an adjuvant to standard gynecological procedures in treating tubal occlusion.”
Using a blend of natural therapy techniques including Chi Nei Tsang, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Acupressure, Reflexology, Aromatherapy, and Castor Oil Packs, Fertility massage is a gentle but deep non invasive therapy that works to bring organs in the abdominal area back into correct alignment.
The effects of fertility massage on the Reproductive System is ideal to complement a Natural Fertility Program or Artificial Reproductive Technology.
Fertility Massage is beneficial for: PCOS, Endometriosis & Fibroids, Heavy/Painful Periods, Irregular Bleeds, Poor Egg Health, Poor Mucus Production, Blocked Fallopian Tubes. It Boosts Fertility Naturally.
Additionally, you can add the vaginal steam chair to your session:
Vaginal Steam Chair
The vaginal steam is a common and effective hydrotherapy treatment for reproductive health and effective treatment for many female complaints, especially those of a serious or chronic nature. When used for treating fertility issues, it is best done every two weeks. For general vaginal wellbeing, twice a year. May benefit women with the following conditions: uterine fibroids, painful menstruation, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse, irregular menstrual cycles, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, reproductive adhesion/scar tissue, previous vaginal tear or episiotomy, and menstrual clotting at onset or end of menses.
Herbal blends are available for the following:
- Long Irregular Cycles
- Scanty Bleeding
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Enhance Fertility
- PCOS/Ovarian Cysts
- Fibroids: contraindicated if there is heavy flooding menses.
- Adhesions/blocked fallopian tubes
- Bladder/Vaginal infections
- Perineal tear/scars/episiotomy: wait until wounds are closed and stitches have been removed
- Menopausal dryness
About the Herbs
- Motherwort - Tonifies the reproductive system and increases circulation to the pelvis. Balances hormones
- Mugwort - Cleansing - physically and spiritually. Balances hormones. Can help bring on menses
- Yarrow -Astringent. Cleansing. Antibacterial. Good for infections
- Oregano - Best herb to bring on menses. Uterine stimulant. Increases low, inadequate menstrual flow. Antiseptic. Prevent infections. (Can use fresh oregano for a stronger effect.)
- Lavender - Super relaxing herb, calms the spirit, mind and body. Antispasmodic. Nourishing to the nervous system. Emollient, very soothing to irritated tissues.
- Calendula (Marigold) - Cleansing, induces perspiration. Very healing for irritated skin or scars. Activates the lymph. Gentle energy.
- Rosemary - Increases circulation to the pelvis, clears out old blood and fluids. Antiseptic and very cleansing. Brings concentration and focused energy
- Sage - Astringent, Spiritually cleansing. Releases emotional and energetic blockages.
- Basil - Can bring on menses. Reduces menstrual cramps. Antibacterial. Blesses the woman receiving the steam. Spiritually cleansing.
- Rose - Relaxing and uplifting. Mildly astringent. Increases self love, releases stuck emotions.
- Chamomile - Relaxing, calms the mind. Soothing to the vaginal tissues, anti-inflammatory.